- Applewhite AJ, Attar P, Liden B, Stevenson Q. Gentian violet and methylene blue polyvinyl alcohol foam antibacterial dressing as a viable form of autolytic debridement in the wound bed. Surg Technol Int. 2015. In press.
- Coutts PM, Ryan J, Sibbald RG. Case series of lower-extremity chronic wounds managed with an antibacterial foam dressing bound with gentian violet and methylene blue. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2014; 27(3 Suppl 1):9-13.
- Edwards K. New twist on an old favorite: gentian violet and methylene blue antibacterial foam dressings. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle). 2015. In Pres
- Edwards K. New twist on an old favorite: gentian violet and methylene blue antibacterial foam dressings. Adv Wound Care(New Rochelle). 2016; Jan 1;5(1):11-18.
- Swan H, Trovela VJ. Case study review: use of an absorbent bacteriostatic dressing for multiple indications. Poster presented at Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care; September 9-11, 2011; Washington, DC.
- Weir D, Blakely M. Case review of the clinical use of an antimicrobial PVA foam dressing. Poster presented at Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care; April 18-21, 2012; Atlanta, GA.
- Conwell P, Mikulski L, Tramontozzi M. A comparison of two antimicrobial PVA foam dressings: a randomized prospective trial comparing PVA foam with two organic pigments to a silver based wound dressing. Poster presented at Symposium on Advanced Wound Care, May 2-5, 2004; Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- Malone M, Bjarnsholt T, McBain AJ, et al. The prevalence of bioﬁ lms in chronic wounds – a systematic review and meta-analysis of published data. J Wound Care. 2017; Jan 2;26(1):20-25.
- Percival SL, Suleman L. Slough and bioﬁ lm: removal of barriers to wound healing by desloughing. J Wound Care. 2015; Nov;24(11):498-510.
- Nakagami G, Schultz G, Gibson DJ, et al. Bioﬁ lm detection by wound blotting can predict slough development in pressure ulcers: a prospective observational study. Wound Rep and Reg. 2017; 25:131-138.
- Applewhite AJ, Attar P, Liden B, Stevenson Q. Gentian violet and methylene blue polyvinyl alcohol foam antibacterial dressing as a viable form of autolytic debridement in the wound bed. Surg Technol Int. 2015 May; 26:65-70.
- Hill R. Optimizing the wound bed by removing devitalized tissue and using methylene blue and gentian violet antibacterial foam dressings: a case series. Poster presented at Wounds Canada; May 12-14, 2017; Kamloops, BC.
- Prest D. Managing challenging chronic wounds in the community setting using an antibacterial PVA foam dressing containing methylene blue and gentian violet. Poster presented at CAWC; October 29 – November 1, 2015; Toronto, ON.
- Woo KY, Heil J. A prospective evaluation of methylene blue and gentian violet dressing for management of chronic wounds with local infection. Int Wound J. 2017; doi: 10.1111/iwj.12753 15. Sibbald RG, Elliott JA, Ayello EA, Somayaji R. Optimizing the Moisture Management Tightrope with Wound Bed Preparation 2015. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2015; 28(10):466-76